Saturday 5 March 2011

You Look Familiar...

Oh wait. You ARE familiar. I know you!
How bizarre is it seeing someone you know on gay dating sites? This guy I've spotted is already out and fairly camp, and generally nto my type at all so it makes no odds, but it's very odd seeing him in such a blatent sexual context that hook-up sites are.
This isn't the bloke btw, otherwise I'd SO be in there lol!
God, I just realised how nervous I am of being spotted on these sites myself. I always make my face photo private, or don't upload one at all, so people can't just browse and spot me; they'll have to have contact with me and ask for the photo. And even then I have alter-egos, slightly different ages, heights, weight stats, just to create some variety from my actual self. Makes me feel more comfortable in my rebellions. I'm sure this is true pretty much across the board for all inhabitants of these sites which I want to be free of really, but they provide useful connections and some of them provide my only connection to people who I've made a good bond with. I'm extra careful so I should be fine *touch wood*.
Hope you're all well and good mes amies, auf wiedersehn!

1 comment:

  1. I worry a bit about that, too, although not nearly as much as I used to. If someone saw my picture on gay.com I figure what the heck, but, being married, it wouldn't be a good idea to have my picture on homo dating site.

    I'm a bit surprised you're as concerned as you are if only because I get the impression younger folk aren't as worried about being out as some of us older guys were back when we were your age.

    ReplyDelete