Sunday 6 March 2011

100th Post - I'm Debating Again...

Everyone loves a mushroom head!
Something Fred said on my one of my posts prompted this; he said something along the lines of that he was surprised i was worrried about people finding out about my sexuality because he thouhght younger people were more jiggy with it. Fair enough point, there are, a lot more so than they were 20/30 years ago.
But not good enough. I'd still have no security as an openly gay man getting a high-powered job in a big company, or chart a rise to becoming a successful sportsman within the media, or becoming a leading romantic lead in the next blockbuster. Reason? People don't believe you as a real human being, no different from if you were straight. They see the label of gay and expect "OH MY GOD HE'S PUFF, HE'S CAMP, LEMME SEE HIM SWAN AROUND LIKE A FAG". They don't mean to, just the way they're brought up. This is the way I reckon it to be in the UK anyway, maybe more so in my part of the country but I couldn't say about anywhere else really. It's got a skewed parallel with women vs. men in general in the workplace; gay men still have it better and easier than women, but I reckon sexism is still present in a more dormant form, and women still have less oppurtunities than men, but i won't go on a big feminist rant at you all lol.
For a 100th post, this is pretty shitty, but I'm SOOOOOO fucking tired lol! I've been running around allday like a madhead with friends and him (you should know who I mean by that lol). And he definitley wants to touch me. He just does it. I'm going to do something at some point. There's something there. I know it.
Not sure how or when, but I will. Na-night dudes, hope you've all had a good weekend. Peace out x

3 comments:

  1. Dude, your a person first and your sexuality is really only reserved for the person you share yourself with. The other night at the oscars, best picture I think, the director or someone involved with the movie, thanked his boyfriend. He's not a gay director, he's an Oscar winning director who happens to have a boyfriend. If you think someone is going to primarily identify you as a gay person, before just being a person, then don't tell them, dont deny it though, but it's not your responsibility to change other peoples mind. Unless you make a living being a gay person, then it's a sexual preference, and it's your decision to tell people but not an obligation.

    I use to work with a guy, and people would ask me if he was gay, my respond was that he wasn't, but his boyfriend was. It threw them for a loop and put it in their court to see if that was an issue, as it wasn't for me, and they thought it might be.

    Bottom line, be an Artist, be a politician, be a doctor, you can still be gay, but impress people with your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm one that thinks my sexual preferences shouldn't be anybody else's business unless I chose to make it their business.

    I generally don't tell anybody I'm homosexual but, if they ask, I don't deny it. I've rarely been asked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete