Thursday 3 March 2011

Sport Is So Gay...

Meant to post about this a few days ago after I saw it in a paper; another British sportsman has come out as gay!
Steven Davies is the first international cricketer to come out as gay; good on him I say. Even more kudos to him for doing it when he did; he's at the peak of his career so he could have lost a lot of respect and there IS already some controversy that he wasn't placed on a team (I forget which) possibly because of his sexuality. He's not like Gareth Thomas, the rugby player, who was relativley near the end of his career when he came out.
Davies has already said that he wants to be remember for his playing and not his sexuality; even more kudos to him. I think it's brilliant that more gay people in sport are standing up and being proud; the macho-ness of sport surely is an attractive proposition for young unsure gay lads who just want to fit in and not get a stigmata attached to them, so I'm sure there's many more of them out there waiting for the right time to come out. I don't know that much about sport so I can't say that much on the subject but reading about this guy's life and how it was torturous for him keeping this massive secret is very much something I and lot of you can empathise with. Any gay guys out there who are sporty, leave a comment telling me what's going down in the sporting world regarding sexuality. Much love dudes!

3 comments:

  1. BTW; in regards the g0y site, be sure your anti- virus is up to date and scan your hard drive asap, especially if you're getting a bunch of pop ups. One of those pages slipped a virus on my hard drive yesterday. I caught it just a few seconds too late but think I finally got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now in regards the g0ys, I'll say I agree for the most part. About the only difference I might have is I think anything that encourages sex between men is a good thing, even if you take the anti- anal stuff into consideration.

    I say that only because if some guys are encouraged by the g0y thing and end up in love, maybe they'll say the hell with it and end up having intercourse, anyway.

    I'm on their national Yahoo group and much of the discussion would make me think I was in some gay forum. There certainly are a few guys that spout off anti- homo stuff, but I've found them in the minority.

    I noticed on their page that had links to g0y organizations, they actually had an anti- anal sex Yahoo group. The description read something like, "Let's be the first ones to make anal sex illegal again.". That link has since been removed, at least I didn't see it last time I looked.

    I'm staying away from that site for the time being. Don't want to deal with that virus again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this boys 2 of then took part in SEVP movies

    ReplyDelete