Monday 6 June 2011

Under Control

I went to sleep after that...well, depressive little post, still crying a bit.
Not quite sure what brought it to be honest.
First I was singing along to Avenue Q songs and then it got to "There's a Fine, Fine Line". Utterly beautiful and you wouldn't expect it in such a hilarious musical. First link is to the cast recording but I don't think her performance on it is that great so I sung along to this brilliant guy playing instead.
And while I was singing along, I was thinking about Crushdude and getting more and more emotional about it. And then, fucking hell "When She Loved Me" popped up in the sidebar, and I haven't heard it for years, so started singing along with that, and halfway through, I just broke down. Completley. I haven't cried like that for years. My parents were in bed so I was trying to be quiet but if I was alone, I'd have been like a banshee. It was cathartic, odd, enlightening and confusing all at the same time.
So that's my half-explanation of the probably hilarious-to-everyone-but-me post underneath.
Sad? Probably. But I'm in love with this guy. And god, I don't even know what's going to happen.
Hope you all had a top weekend boys, much love x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me how great this song is. I kinda like the original because that's the one I know but I'd love to be able to play the piano like that guy. I saw Avenue Q in London a few years ago (did you?) and loved it. What's the internet for again?

    It's weird though how music can reduce somebody to a blubbering wreck - you're in good company, believe me.

    ReplyDelete