Saturday 11 June 2011

Out Of Place Experience

I forgot to say that when I went out with friends for my 18th, that we passed through an area of town that has a couple of gay bars, and being a Saturday, it was mega lively.
Didn't see any action going on, but it felt like a lively atmosphere.
Now I don't know where it was because I was nervous going through there and it was the first time I'd been there but, I just had this feeling that I wouldn't fit in there at all. I can't really explain, but I was looking around at all the people, and the vast majority of people looked like camp little twinks that I have no interest in spending any time with. I'd much rather go to a bar or pub with some older gay guys and have a good conversation and then maybe go out raving afterwards.
Course, I've not experienced properly yet, so I don't know how different is to the straight club scene. Are guys a lot more confident than on the regular scene in coming up to you and hitting on you or what? But the first experience I had of the place wasn't negative, but it wasn't positive either. I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't go back, which is a shame really, considering how much I was looking forward to going out and trying the gay scene.
Another problem is that I don't have anyone to go out with. I'm only open to 2 friends, Crushdude (who i don't think i could persuade to go) and my girl best friend (who ratted on me to my parents, and who's already expressed resistance to going because she doesn't trust me enough to keep my prick in my pants apparently, and she wouldn't want to be left alone. Gee thanks.)
And I can hardly go on my own. I'm just asking for weirdos to come after me then. So I think I'll have to wait a bit longer until I can find a group of friends to go out with in that scene.
Have a good rest of your weekend fellas!

2 comments:

  1. I think gay bars are less relevant now for lots of reasons. I don't like them that much anyway because of all the queeny preening and bitching that seems to go on. It's a part of the "culture" that gives us a bad name and just makes the stereotypes stick.

    I mean, guys can meet other guys quite easily now without having to go to a "special" place. I'd rather get to know a guy online and then meet somewhere you can talk, without having to shout over Lady GaGa. Even if you just want to hook up there are better options for you, though being new it's kind of important to be extra vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a local gay support group or political action committee and volunteer. You'll meet people for whom getting laid isn't the only thing on their mind. Even if Mr. Right isn't there you'll make friends who can help you navigate the Mr.Right Away the scene.

    ReplyDelete